Salted Caramel Sauce
Perfect sauce to swirl into your ice creams.
Butter, unsalted, cut into pieces
Cream (35%-40% fat)
Maldon salt or fleur de sel
One vanilla pod
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds.
- Melt the sugar over medium heat. Don’t whisk just swirl the pan frequently.
- When the sugar turns an amber color add the butter and whisk vigorously.
- Remove the pan from the heat a slowly add the cream while whisking.
- When incorporated whisk in the salt and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- Set aside and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate.
- The sauce will keep for two weeks in the fridge.